Thursday, August 13, 2009

First one ... Here we go!

Well... this is my first ever Blog, so please don't expect a very intelligent presentation of thoughts, vocab etc. It might get better with time.

Its Friday, and its 12:22 pm right now and i am here writing a blog. I was supposed to be sleeping right now as i have to go to work in the night(doing night shifts), but i don't know... still i want to write this...

Let me share some information about me. I was born brought up in Chandigarh city. I just love the place! ... nyways.. i always had a huge interest in music since i was a little kid, listenin and bouncing to all the new punjabi songs. I didnt have a computer till the age of like 10-11 yrs, so TV was the only entertainment i had at that time. I think it was only after i passed my 9th class, my mom bought me a computer so that i can study and get good grades. But guess what, the first thing that would open up in my PC was the media player and the songs which i would borrow from my friends. I used to paint in paintshop, listen to music in my headphones, and mom used to think that i am studying or doing something creative.

I was in 12th class when i heard about this thing called Internet and i really wanted to have one. It was a big need for me as most of my friends had it at the time, and i used to hear stories from them, like what all crazy things you can do with it. Mom was not at all supportive as she thought i might be using it for the "wrong" stuff. But i really needed an Internet connection, so i just collected some money which aunties and uncles gave me on occassions, and bought a new broadband connection. Mom was kind of upset but it all went fine with time.

I got introduced to a whole new world of music through Internet. It was genres like Hip Hop/Rock/RnB which i found very fascinating. I was in my college when i started listening to Rap and hip hop, as most of my friends including college seniors, would play Hip Hop, every time i would go visit them. So i just got hooked on to it. Punjabi music was also going on in my head along with hip hop/rock. I came to know about these softwares with which you can create music of your own. All you needed was the setup file of the softwares, a PC, a little knowledge of how to use a PC(which i had a lot), and an ear for music. I downloaded my first music software called Fruity Loops, and i was playing with it everyday. I still remember i used to come from college by 2pm, would kick the CPU button with my foot while i am changing my clothes, and would get ready to bang the afternoon loud. I had a big setup of speakers, which i bought from the money i had saved, and it had like 12" twin woofers with 3" tweeters in them. It was my prized possession and i just loved to play music loud, with the bass to the maximum, coz everyday i would have the house only to myself. Mom used to come back around 5:30 pm from work, and by then everything was setup nice and clean like nothing happened. I spent three years of my college life listening to music, and not really paying attention to my books and to my mom yelling at me all the time for not studying. Life was good!

After my studies were over, i went for an interview with my friend, and got selected by Wipro Technologies as a Software Engineer. I was happy to have got a job, just after college, but was scared as i had to leave my home, and move to Bangalore. After saying goodbyes to Mom and my friends, i came to Bangalore and started working. First three months were a nightmare, no north Indian food, language problems, no friends. The only thing that kept me going was the beautiful weather of the city which stays cool through out the year. I settled down slowly with my work and made some friends too. It was time now to do something about my music ka "keera", as it was still in me somewhere, causing chaos coz i had been ignoring it.

I somehow gained interest in DJing and i eventually found a DJ school in Bangalore, and talked one my friend into joining it. It was a one month course where they teach you some basic stuff about DJing. It was fun and i learnt some tricks on the equipment. I used to hire the equipment at my place and would again jam, like i used to, in my college days, keeping my south Indian neighbors all disturbed and angry. I was doing good but still i was not feeling it. Something was missing and i was not enjoying it, and i used to think why the hell am i playing somebody else's songs when i can try and make my own. I again downloaded my favorite music softwares and started making beats, even though i didn't had any professional training, and i can hardly play any instrument . It was fun now and i was happy making my own stuff rather playing somebody else's. My cousin who lives here with me, used to give me feedback on how my music sounds like, and if i needed to change any sound or put any effects. So you can say he was a critic, which i really needed, in order to get better with my music.

Its been my music that has kept me going till date, otherwise i wouldn't have survived sitting in front of a computer 9-10 hrs everyday. I don't hate my job, but i don't love it either.

Well, i have a lot to talk about, but i guess enough for now... Lets keep some for the future posts.
I hope i continue blogging and writing my thoughts here each day.

will be back soon...

-Harry





3 comments:

  1. veere i want to knw how did u met bikram
    nd how u strt rapin together

    ReplyDelete
  2. ur rap rocks bro.......
    i also performed ur "chal jhoothi" nd "dil di awaaz " both at my college's fresher party...
    everybody enjoys it fully.......
    keep rocking bro...
    plzzzz chal jhoothi varga ik hor rap release kar davo...plzzzzzzzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  3. meet u rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i love u r all song.... specially chal jhoothi.
    there has never ever been anyone like u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love u 4 ever

    ReplyDelete